My thoughts on the New York Mets

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Game 1 Mets @ Reds

First of all, I just want to mention that spring training felt like it was about 4 months long this year. It was great to finally have regular season baseball back in my life. Now on to the game...

  • Johan Santana was outfreakinstanding today. Admittedly I was a bit worried because of his track record in cold weather, and the preseason rumors about not pitching on opening day. He walked a few more guys than I would've have liked him to, but hey he did the job we needed him to.
  • Speaking of doing what we need them to do, how about that bullpen? Three off season acquisitions pitched three and a third scoreless innings. Although this was the first game of the season I didn't have any of the jitters that I had while going to the 'pen last year.
  • Daniel Murphy. I don't think I need to say more than that.
  • I was not frustrated with Luis Castillo today, and I will not be booing him when I'm at Citifield on Monday.

For a full box score click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment