No, that Jose. I'm talking about Jose Canseco (for some reason). According to this article in the LA Times, he's 90% sure that Manny Ramirez's name is on the same list as A-Rod's. I'm sorry (not really), but I can't take this guy seriously. All his fame right now is not based on his baseball career, but instead the fact that he was juicing up during it. He may have said that he's not proud of what he had done, but he's certainly banking off of it. Jose Canseco is a joke. Here's some highlights from the article.
"Here sits the great baseball sage Jose Canseco, dressed in a black hat and a black motorcycle jacket, slumped in a folding chair in a small room just off the main stage at USC's Bovard Auditorium."
(Oh you know if it starts like this it HAS to be good.)
"Jeez, I was quite a figure out there," Canseco says, his still-chiseled frame melting into the chair. "What a feeling, crushing that baseball in front of thousands in the stands, millions on TV."
(I was awesome, people respect me. At least I hope they do. Can I eat dinner with you?)
"Why didn't Ramirez get a long-term deal? Canseco asks. Why were owners gun-shy about signing arguably the game's best hitter?"
(There's an economic crisis, he's 36, teams are afraid of his defense, and there's that whole Manny being Manny thing)
According to the article, the author tracked down Manny and asked him about Jose's accusations. Manny stated, "I got no comment, nothing to say about that. What can I say? I don't even know the guy."
Ok so I'm a Manny fan. I wanted him on the Mets, I admit it. I honestly don't know where he would of fit because I love our outfield, but I wanted Manny.
I would like to credit Was Watching for directing me to this article.
My thoughts on the New York Mets
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment